Apply for accommodation when you're offered a place on one of our courses
The process to apply for accommodation at London South Bank University (LSBU) begins once we have offered you a place on one of our academic courses. Then you should apply as soon as possible using our Online Accommodation Application Service. Private accommodation is available as we do not have any on-site accommodation at our Havering campus.
Room allocation policy
The demand for places is normally greater than the number of rooms available so the University has an allocation policy to prioritise applications. International students attending the University for the first time are guaranteed accommodation, if the Accommodation Service receives their application by 1 August. Priority is also given to first year undergraduate and postgraduate students attending the University for the first time and who live furthest away from our London campus.
Details for returning students wanting to re-apply for their accommodation, can be found on the Returning students page.
Our accommodation service can help answer all your application queries. You should contact the Accommodation Service if you'd like to find out more about any of the topics below.
- Students studying for one semester
- A limited number of places are allocated for students studying at the University for a single semester.
- Students with disabilities
- The University has a number of bedrooms adapted for students with disabilities. Any student who needs adaptations or adjustments made to their accommodation should contact the Accommodation team. Students with a disability can also contact Disability and Dyslexia Support who provide advice and coordinate reasonable adjustments for you during your studies. If you have a disability (including a Specific Learning Difficulty, physical disability, medical condition, or mental health condition), there may be support we can put in place for you. We can also help you access external funding, such as the Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA). The earlier you let us know, the sooner we can organise support for you. To find out about available support, please contact the DDS team on 020 7815 6454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private accommodation
- If you'd prefer private accommodation the Accommodation Service can provide local letting agent information and a limited list of private accommodation, both available either by mail or email. They also have a host of information and guides to help you look in the private sector.
- Couples/families/single parents
- The University does not have suitable accommodation on campus for couples or single parents. However, the Accommodation Service can provide private accommodation lists.
Paying to stay in a student residence
Students are expected to pay the first instalment of their residence fees when they arrive at their student accommodation and we make the payment process as easy as possible. You can pay online, via a bank transfer and in person. Find out more about paying residence fee payments in the Accommodation section of MyLSBU, our student portal.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018