How to apply
The University welcomes applications from international (non-EU) students.
LSBU Online Application Form
If you are an overseas student (and a national of a country outside the EU) you can complete the LSBU Online Application Form. It is very important to upload all the necessary supporting documents as they are required to process your application. The additional supporting documents are:
- passport (photo and ID page)
- copies of all UK visas (if applicable)
- academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- reference letter(s)
- personal statement
You will be able to make 1 application and choose up to 2 courses to apply to.
Courses that cannot be applied for via the LSBU Online Application Form
- MA Social Work. Apply via UCAS Postgraduate
- LLM/CPE/Legal Studies. Apply via Central Applications Board
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Apply via UCAS Teacher Training
- Distance Learning and Blended Learning programmes. Apply via UKPASS
- Courses in our School of Health and Social Care (except for MSc Public Health and Health Promotion). See course individual pages for application details on Course Finder
- Research degrees (MPhil, PhD)
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank programmes (International Undergraduate Foundation Programme, International Year One, English Language Preparation Programme and International - Master's Foundation Programme): please contact our partner institution ONCAMPUS.
What happens if I can not find the course I am interested in in the online application form list?
Please contact the International Enquiries team for further advice: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Alternative application systems
If your course is not listed in our LSBU Online Application System you can apply via the following national application services:
- International undergraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UCAS.
- International postgraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UKPASS.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your online application you will receive an email confirming that it has been successfully received and that your application is being checked by our International Admissions Team.
Once your application has been screened, it will be passed to the relevant International Admissions Officer. You will then receive an email stating your ID number to be used for any questions you may have about the status of your application.
Receiving a decision
The International Admissions Team will contact you once a decision has been made or if further information is required.
The decision will be made on the standard entry criteria for the course you have applied for (in accordance with our Admissions Policy) but we will also take into account your immigration history if you require a Tier 4 visa. The University holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence which allows it to sponsor students under Tier 4 General of the points-based system. The University takes its licence very seriously and our policy on Tier 4 Sponsorship and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (PDF File 324 KB) concerns both applicants who require sponsorship under Tier 4 and current students who hold a Tier 4 visa.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or our courses please contact our International Enquiries Manager: email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
International One to One appointmentsBook online
19 October 2018Black History Month at LSBU Launch Event
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
25 October 2018London Primary Care Quality Academy Workshop
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
30 October 2018Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
8 November 2018'ResearchToday!' Curiosity in the experiential consumption of the unknown
10 November 2018University Open Day
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018
LSBU wins ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ for an unprecedented second year running
24 September 2018
London South Bank University wins national awards for teaching excellence
17 September 2018
Law students reach finals weekend in national competition
30 August 2018
London South Bank first UK University to offer Architecture Degree Apprenticeships
24 August 2018
Level 4 and 5 qualifications vital to fill national skills gap, says LSBU's Vice-Chancellor
23 August 2018
Lambeth College joins LSBU
22 August 2018
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018