How to apply
The University welcomes applications from international (non-EU) students.
LSBU Online Application Form
If you are an overseas student (and a national of a country outside the EU) you can complete the LSBU Online Application Form. It is very important to upload all the necessary supporting documents as they are required to process your application. The additional supporting documents are:
- passport (photo and ID page)
- copies of all UK visas (if applicable)
- academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- reference letter(s)
- personal statement
You will be able to make 1 application and choose up to 2 courses to apply to.
Courses that cannot be applied for via the LSBU Online Application Form
- MA Social Work. Apply via UCAS Postgraduate
- LLM/CPE/Legal Studies. Apply via Central Applications Board
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Apply via UCAS Teacher Training
- Distance Learning and Blended Learning programmes. Apply via UKPASS
- Courses in our School of Health and Social Care (except for MSc Public Health and Health Promotion). See course individual pages for application details on Course Finder
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank programmes (International Undergraduate Foundation Programme, International Year One, English Language Preparation Programme and International - Master's Foundation Programme): please contact our partner institution ONCAMPUS.
What happens if I can not find the course I am interested in in the online application form list?
Please contact the International Enquiries team for further advice: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
If you are a new applicant, create an application account to apply.
If you have already started your application, sign in here.
If you are an LSBU Representative, email email@example.com to request that an account be set up on your behalf.
Alternative application systems
If your course is not listed in our LSBU Online Application System you can apply via the following national application services:
- International undergraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UCAS.
- International postgraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UKPASS.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your online application you will receive an email confirming that it has been successfully received and that your application is being checked by our International Admissions Team.
Once your application has been screened, it will be passed to the relevant International Admissions Officer. You will then receive an email stating your ID number to be used for any questions you may have about the status of your application.
Receiving a decision
The International Admissions Team will contact you once a decision has been made or if further information is required.
The decision will be made on the standard entry criteria for the course you have applied for (in accordance with our Admissions Policy) but we will also take into account your immigration history if you require a Tier 4 visa. The University holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence which allows it to sponsor students under Tier 4 General of the points-based system. The University takes its licence very seriously and our policy on Tier 4 Sponsorship and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (PDF File 324 KB) concerns both applicants who require sponsorship under Tier 4 and current students who hold a Tier 4 visa.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or our courses please contact our International Enquiries Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
International One to One appointmentsBook online
Oldest bakery school in the world celebrates 125 year anniversary with Worshipful Company of Master Bakers
17 September 2019
National Bakery School launches eco beer made from leftover bread to mark 125th anniversary
12 September 2019
LSBU drama alumna, Anna Leckey, profiled by The Times
4 September 2019
Enabling engineers to become more entrepreneurial
23 August 2019
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019