How to apply
The University welcomes applications from international (non-EU) students.
LSBU Online Application Form
If you are an overseas student (and a national of a country outside the EU) you can complete the LSBU Online Application Form. It is very important to upload all the necessary supporting documents as they are required to process your application. The additional supporting documents are:
- passport (photo and ID page)
- copies of all UK visas (if applicable)
- academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- reference letter(s)
- personal statement
You will be able to make 1 application and choose up to 2 courses to apply to.
Courses that cannot be applied for via the LSBU Online Application Form
- MA Social Work. Apply via UCAS Postgraduate
- LLM/CPE/Legal Studies. Apply via Central Applications Board
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Apply via UCAS Teacher Training
- Distance Learning and Blended Learning programmes. Apply via UKPASS
- Courses in our School of Health and Social Care (except for MSc Public Health and Health Promotion). See course individual pages for application details on Course Finder
- Research degrees (MPhil, PhD)
- ONCAMPUS LSBU programmes (International Undergraduate Foundation Programme, International Year One, English Language Preparation Programme and International - Master's Foundation Programme): please contact our partner institution ONCAMPUS.
What happens if I can not find the course I am interested in in the online application form list?
Please contact the International Enquiries team for further advice: email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Alternative application systems
If your course is not listed in our LSBU Online Application System you can apply via the following national application services:
- International undergraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UCAS.
- International postgraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UKPASS.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your online application you will receive an email confirming that it has been successfully received and that your application is being checked by our International Admissions Team.
Once your application has been screened, it will be passed to the relevant International Admissions Officer. You will then receive an email stating your ID number to be used for any questions you may have about the status of your application.
Receiving a decision
The International Admissions Team will contact you once a decision has been made or if further information is required.
The decision will be made on the standard entry criteria for the course you have applied for (in accordance with our Admissions Policy) but we will also take into account your immigration history if you require a Tier 4 visa. The University holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence which allows it to sponsor students under Tier 4 General of the points-based system. The University takes its licence very seriously and our policy on Tier 4 Sponsorship and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (PDF File 108 KB) concerns both applicants who require sponsorship under Tier 4 and current students who hold a Tier 4 visa.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or our courses please contact our International Enquiries Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Course Enquiries - International
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6189Get in touch
International One to One appointmentsBook online
22 September 2017Study Abroad Fair, Gothenburg
22 September 2017Mind the Gap!
23 September 2017Elab Education Festival 2017, Warsaw
23 September 2017National Art & Design Saturday Club taster session
23 September 2017Study Abroad Fair, Stockholm
26 September 2017LSBU Honorary Graduate Public Lecture Series - Stephen Perry
30 September 2017University Open Day
30 September 2017Mind the Gap!
2 October 2017Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
4 October 2017Engineering Experience Day
LSBU graduate entrepreneur nominated for international award
17 August 2017
LSBU students share their stories of Clearing
17 August 2017
LSBU in Top 4 London universities for “value added” to students
16 August 2017
LSBU Motorsport takes student-made car to Formula Student competition
7 August 2017
Team LSBU return from China with silver medal
31 July 2017
LSBU’s Graham Carr given award for teaching excellence by Health Education England
25 July 2017
LSBU leads ground-breaking research to identify and support people attending court with autism and intellectual disabilities
25 July 2017
Entrepreneurs share personal journeys at Dr Rami Ranger CBE enterprise lecture
19 July 2017
LSBU student invents a backpack that can save your life
18 July 2017