How to apply
The University welcomes applications from international (non-EU) students.
LSBU Online Application Form
If you are an overseas student (and a national of a country outside the EU) you can complete the LSBU Online Application Form. It is very important to upload all the necessary supporting documents as they are required to process your application. The additional supporting documents are:
- passport (photo and ID page)
- copies of all UK visas (if applicable)
- academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- reference letter(s)
- personal statement
You will be able to make 1 application and choose up to 2 courses to apply to.
Courses that cannot be applied for via the LSBU Online Application Form
- MA Social Work. Apply via UCAS Postgraduate
- LLM/CPE/Legal Studies. Apply via Central Applications Board
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Apply via UCAS Teacher Training
- Distance Learning and Blended Learning programmes. Apply via UKPASS
- Courses in our School of Health and Social Care (except for MSc Public Health and Health Promotion). See course individual pages for application details on Course Finder
- Research degrees (MPhil, PhD)
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank programmes (International Undergraduate Foundation Programme, International Year One, English Language Preparation Programme and International - Master's Foundation Programme): please contact our partner institution ONCAMPUS.
What happens if I can not find the course I am interested in in the online application form list?
Please contact the International Enquiries team for further advice: email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Alternative application systems
If your course is not listed in our LSBU Online Application System you can apply via the following national application services:
- International undergraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UCAS.
- International postgraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UKPASS.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your online application you will receive an email confirming that it has been successfully received and that your application is being checked by our International Admissions Team.
Once your application has been screened, it will be passed to the relevant International Admissions Officer. You will then receive an email stating your ID number to be used for any questions you may have about the status of your application.
Receiving a decision
The International Admissions Team will contact you once a decision has been made or if further information is required.
The decision will be made on the standard entry criteria for the course you have applied for (in accordance with our Admissions Policy) but we will also take into account your immigration history if you require a Tier 4 visa. The University holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence which allows it to sponsor students under Tier 4 General of the points-based system. The University takes its licence very seriously and our policy on Tier 4 Sponsorship and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (PDF File 90 KB) concerns both applicants who require sponsorship under Tier 4 and current students who hold a Tier 4 visa.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or our courses please contact our International Enquiries Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
International One to One appointmentsBook online
24 July 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
24 July 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
1 August 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
9 August 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
1 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of The Built Environment and Architecture; School of Engineering
6 October 2018University Open Day
15 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018