How to apply
The University welcomes applications from international (non-EU) students.
LSBU Online Application Form
If you are an overseas student (and a national of a country outside the EU) you can complete the LSBU Online Application Form. It is very important to upload all the necessary supporting documents as they are required to process your application. The additional supporting documents are:
- passport (photo and ID page)
- copies of all UK visas (if applicable)
- academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates)
- reference letter(s)
- personal statement
You will be able to make 1 application and choose up to 2 courses to apply to.
Courses that cannot be applied for via the LSBU Online Application Form
- MA Social Work. Apply via UCAS Postgraduate
- LLM/CPE/Legal Studies. Apply via Central Applications Board
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Apply via UCAS Teacher Training
- Distance Learning and Blended Learning programmes. Apply via UKPASS
- Courses in our School of Health and Social Care (except for MSc Public Health and Health Promotion). See course individual pages for application details on Course Finder
- Research degrees (MPhil, PhD)
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank programmes (International Undergraduate Foundation Programme, International Year One, English Language Preparation Programme and International - Master's Foundation Programme): please contact our partner institution ONCAMPUS.
What happens if I can not find the course I am interested in in the online application form list?
Please contact the International Enquiries team for further advice: email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Alternative application systems
If your course is not listed in our LSBU Online Application System you can apply via the following national application services:
- International undergraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UCAS.
- International postgraduate students (full-time and part-time) can apply via UKPASS.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your online application you will receive an email confirming that it has been successfully received and that your application is being checked by our International Admissions Team.
Once your application has been screened, it will be passed to the relevant International Admissions Officer. You will then receive an email stating your ID number to be used for any questions you may have about the status of your application.
Receiving a decision
The International Admissions Team will contact you once a decision has been made or if further information is required.
The decision will be made on the standard entry criteria for the course you have applied for (in accordance with our Admissions Policy) but we will also take into account your immigration history if you require a Tier 4 visa. The University holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence which allows it to sponsor students under Tier 4 General of the points-based system. The University takes its licence very seriously and our policy on Tier 4 Sponsorship and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (PDF File 90 KB) concerns both applicants who require sponsorship under Tier 4 and current students who hold a Tier 4 visa.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or our courses please contact our International Enquiries Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
Course Enquiries - International
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6189Get in touch
International One to One appointmentsBook online
24 January 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
7 March 2018Engineering Experience Day
7 March 2018Professor Matt Field: What has experimental psychology done for behavioural medicine?
8 March 2018How to Apply Evening
24 March 2018University Open Day
28 March 2018Dr Caitlin Notley: Smoking in pregnancy and postpartum relapse
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
23 June 2018University Open Day
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018
LSBU is open for business to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers
4 January 2018
Enhancing global learning on migration and refugee law
21 December 2017
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Approval from President of American Bar Association
19 December 2017
LSBU through to quarter finals of Property Law Mooting Competition
19 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017