Why choose LSBU
Be in demand. Fast forward your career with a postgraduate course
London South Bank University (LSBU) is one of the city’s largest and oldest universities. Our courses benefit from innovative research, employer enhanced course content and our city-centre location.
- All of our courses are accredited by or developed alongside leading professional bodies. See our courses for accreditations
- LSBU has been awarded Silver for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
- We are located on a single campus in the heart of the city, with good connections for bus, train or underground
- We offer a range of flexible study options. 60% of our postgraduate courses are offered part time
- We are the Times Higher Education's Entrepreneurial University of the Year 2016. The accolade celebrates the entrepreneurial support offered by LSBU to students, graduates, staff and the local community
Enhancing quality research
We are an active research university across our seven Schools, with outcomes and practices underpinning our teaching and strongly enhancing our student experience. We are number 2 amongst London Moderns for Research Intensity (CUG 2017). Following the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) the University emerged as one of the top three modern universities in London after 73% of its research was given the two highest ratings (4* and 3*) for 'impact' - an assessment of the reach and significance a research project has achieved.
MBA student, Asim Shaikh, was working as an eCommerce coordinator for The White Company when he started at LSBU. He found the course structure meant he was able to fit in study around work. With classes in the evenings and a focus on independent study, the course helps working students fit everything in.Find many more postgraduate student stories in our Case Study finder.
The University offers
- Flexible payment options: either pay in full or in instalments
- LSBU Graduate Loyalty Scheme: if you achieve a 2:1 or First as an undergraduate at LSBU we offer 25% off your LSBU postgraduate tuition fees if you continue directly on to a taught postgraduate qualification in the same year you graduate. Come to us within five years of graduation and there's a 10% tuition fee discount.
- Postgraduate scholarships: postgraduate students joining LSBU can apply for: the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship programme, with varying fee discount packages and cash awards; subject-level; and sports scholarships
- Priority for University accommodation is given to postgraduate students attending the University for the first time and who live furthest away from our London campus
- LSBU JobShop can help you find full-time/part-time and graduate jobs that are exclusive to LSBU
As well as the above opportunities, there are also Government financial initiatives available. If you are starting a Masters-level qualification either full- or part-time, you may be entitled to apply for a £10,000 postgraduate study loan. You can check whether your particular course qualifies at our postgraduate fees and funding section. You can also check your personal eligibility at Gov.uk.
Tailormade advice for postgraduate study
Book your time with one of our specialist Postgraduate Advisors on a one to one Advice Session where they’ll advise you on postgraduate degrees at LSBU that match your interests and experience. When you're ready to apply join one of our Postgraduate Application Sessions where we take small groups of up to four people through the application process. Visit What’s On for other postgraduate events.
Sports facilities and fitness culture
The Academy of Sport at LSBU is home to exercise classes and sports clubs with an array of opportunities for all students. Its excellence has been recognised nationally - the Academy scored 84.5% in the UKCSI Business Benchmark Survey for its high levels of customer satisfaction.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018