Open Days and Events
Don't miss out on our Open Days and Open Evenings for undergraduate and postgraduate study and discover why we're University of the Year for Graduate Employment (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018).
- Tour the campus including student residences.
- Discuss courses with academics.
- Speak to current students about their experiences.
- Learn more about applying to university, financing your studies and the support you can receive both academic and personal.
9 January 2018 - tailored evening event
Plan your Open Day
From tours around our central London campus to one-to-one talks with academics about your subject area, there's so much to do on our Open Days. Explore what's on offer below or see our last Open Day's programme (PDF File 1,560 KB). (Our Open Evenings are tailored due to time restrictions.)
- Open Day talks
- Our 30-minute talks will guide you through choosing a course, applying to university, fees and scholarships and student life.
- Take a guided tour around our campus, student accommodation, library and Learning Resources Centre.
- Subject talks
- Each of LSBU's Schools host their own talks, tours, one-to-ones and interactive sessions, so you can learn more about the subject area you're interested in and speak to academics.
- We sit next to an Underground and train station, with bus stops right outside our doors and bicycle ramps dotted around campus. Visit our maps and travel page for details on getting to our Student Centre, including disabled access.
- Food and drink
- Refresh and refuel at our campus cafes: Grads Cafe, Student Centre; Cafe Geo, K2; Breakpoint, Keyworth Centre; and Campus Express, London Road Building. You will receive a free drink voucher on arrival at the Open Day.
- Explore London
- Our central London campus is minutes from many of the city's world-renowned attractions. Make a day of your visit and explore the local area and beyond.
More opportunities to visit
As well as the Open Days, we host events throughout the year where you can see the campus, meet academics and current students and learn more about applying for and funding your studies.
How to Apply Evenings take place on campus and provide expert guidance on the application process, tips on writing personal statements and fees and funding advice to small to medium-sized groups of prospective undergraduate students.
These 30-minute face-to-face sessions with one of our experienced advisors are booked in advance and offer you personalised support and guidance.
When you're ready to apply join one of our Postgraduate Application Sessions where we take small groups of up to four people through the application process.
You can take a campus tour with a current LSBU student every Wednesday during term-time.
We attend Higher Education Fairs, Careers Fairs and UCAS Fairs throughout the UK and EU. A member of LSBU’s staff or a Student Ambassador will be available to advise you and your parents on the opportunities available at LSBU.
You can also explore student residences, lecture halls, laboratories and libraries whenever you want, through our virtual tours.
If you can't make it to the UK, staff from our International Office regularly travel to other countries to meet prospective students. Please visit our What's On page for details on upcoming events happening in your region of the world. We also have in-country representatives who can take you through what LSBU has to offer. Visit your country page for details.
LSBU also holds subject specific events during the year to help you choose a particular course. They include sampling a course lecture and seminar.
School and College events
If you are a Teacher or HE Adviser working at a school or college, the Outreach and Engagement Team offer a range of activities for you and your students, including: taster days, mentoring, personal workshops, and much more. We can visit you or you can visit us. We regularly work with students from Year 6 through to Year 13. Find out more about our work with school and college partners.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
15 December 2017Electra by Sophocles in a version by Frank McGuinness directed by Lucy Pitman-Wallace
16 December 2017Electra by Sophocles in a version by Frank McGuinness directed by Lucy Pitman-Wallace
4 January 2018How to Apply Evening
9 January 2018University Open Evening
11 January 2018How to Apply Evening
18 January 2018LSBU Planning Courses Employer & Sponsor Forum
24 January 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
27 January 2018Green Screen Weekender - Day 1
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
7 March 2018Professor Matt Field: What has experimental psychology done for behavioural medicine?
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Dr Charles Graham discusses brand loyalty at IPM event
29 November 2017
The CIM/LSBU Marketing Club Launch
28 November 2017
The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
27 November 2017
Links with accredited bodies in the School of Business continues to flourish
27 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017