Many students take on a placement while they study to gain essential commercial experience that enhances their degree and develops soft skills. For employers, students can be a valued additional asset to the workforce.
Choose your style of placement
- Sandwich Year
- Usually run for a year, generally starting around July.
- These usually run from early June to mid-September, typically for eight to 12 weeks. They are great way to invite fresh perspective to a business in the short term.
- Project work
- This option is great if you're looking for a student with specific knowledge of a particular field. Placements tend to run for three to six months and start at various times during the year, depending on the area you are looking to recruit into.
- These involve a student working in your organisation for one or two days a week over the course of a year. They are the solution if a full-time student placement is not possible. A student combines the placement with their course of study, so flexibility is key.
Recruiting a student placement
If you would like to create a student placement we help you manage the whole process. We'll oversee:
- preparing job descriptions
- advertising your placement vacancy to our students
- sending you CVs from our students. If you want to interview we will contact them, arranging a start date for your successful placement student
- completing all required paperwork
All placement providers complete a set of forms prior to the student starting the placement. This is standard practice across the industry and allows us to maintain a high quality and efficient service to employers and students. Our support package continues for the length of the student's placement with you.
The only cost to you as a business is the salary to the student which you pay directly to them. Year placements are advertised with an annual salary. Summer, part-time and project placements can be advertised on an weekly or hourly basis.
Please note that we are unable to advertise or manage any placements, internships and work experience that is unpaid.
Contact our team any time to help create your ideal placement: firstname.lastname@example.org
27 February 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
21 March 2019'Visualizing Consumer Culture: A Semiotic Understanding of Interpreted Brands
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
28 March 2019Responding to ageing demographics: A positive view from a public administration and public policy perspective.
London South Bank University welcomes Secretary of State for Education
13 February 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019
London South Bank first UK University to offer Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeships
7 February 2019
London South Bank University and Lambeth College unite to transform educational opportunities in south London
1 February 2019
LSBU alumnus Stephen Addison honoured for helping young people in East London escape gang culture
29 January 2019
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018