Many students take on a placement while they study to gain essential commercial experience that enhances their degree and develops soft skills. For employers, students can be a valued additional asset to the workforce.
Choose your style of placement
- Sandwich Year
- Usually run for a year, generally starting around July.
- These usually run from early June to mid-September, typically for eight to 12 weeks. They are great way to invite fresh perspective to a business in the short term.
- Project work
- This option is great if you're looking for a student with specific knowledge of a particular field. Placements tend to run for three to six months and start at various times during the year, depending on the area you are looking to recruit into.
- These involve a student working in your organisation for one or two days a week over the course of a year. They are the solution if a full-time student placement is not possible. A student combines the placement with their course of study, so flexibility is key.
Recruiting a student placement
If you would like to create a student placement we help you manage the whole process. We'll oversee:
- preparing job descriptions
- advertising your placement vacancy to our students
- sending you CVs from our students. If you want to interview we will contact them, arranging a start date for your successful placement student
- completing all required paperwork
All placement providers complete a set of forms prior to the student starting the placement. This is standard practice across the industry and allows us to maintain a high quality and efficient service to employers and students. Our support package continues for the length of the student's placement with you.
The only cost to you as a business is the salary to the student which you pay directly to them. Year placements are advertised with an annual salary. Summer, part-time and project placements can be advertised on an weekly or hourly basis.
Please note that we are unable to advertise or manage any placements, internships and work experience that is unpaid.
Contact our team any time to help create your ideal placement: email@example.com
20 November 2018Our Research Community Celebration
21 November 2018Professionalism and ethics in construction: Improving the global industry - Day one
22 November 2018Professionalism and ethics in construction: Improving the global industry - Day two
22 November 2018'ResearchToday!' A Relational Perspective to Burnout in the Work Place
23 November 2018Engineering Experience Day
26 November 2018Social Justice: An Evening with Gary Younge and Alex Vitale
28 November 2018The Dark Side of Accountancy: Ethical dilemmas and sustainability challenges
28 November 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
29 November 2018'ResearchToday!' The Upcycling Movement: Pursuing Hedonistic Sustainability
29 November 2018Law Division Lecture Series - Sir Peter Thornton QC: Death Investigation - Coroners and Inquests
£10,000 win for LSBU student’s water heating solution
14 November 2018
LSBU professor awarded for major engineering management accomplishments
6 November 2018
Lord David Blunkett former home secretary awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
Calling all Engineers: LSBU’s Thomas Empson urges creative contributions to sustainable development
1 November 2018
David Longbottom, former LSBU Pro-Chancellor, awarded honorary doctorate
1 November 2018
LSBU chocolatier Barry Johnson to represent UK in world's biggest chocolate contest
24 October 2018
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018
LSBU wins ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ for an unprecedented second year running
24 September 2018