Employ our students
Employability and vocational courses have been celebrated here since 1892. Our students benefit from our academics' relationships with the professions and the way we adopt our research findings into course content. At a time when the graduate job market is particularly competitive we know we give our students the edge you demand.
We offer an impressive number of ways that the commercial world can positively impact on our students and benefit from their input. Plus our Employability Team are here to support every new connection.
Have our students work for you
- Advertising permanent job vacancies
- The University’s job portal is available for all current students and recent graduates to access. As an employer you can post your vacancies to the job board without charge. There are three different levels of access for our system which allows access to different features:
1. Want to quickly post a job offer? Our board lets you track the advertisement you have posted live. Once validated, you will be able to track the views your job posting has and how many students have applied.
2. Want to create more engagement with our students? Create a company account! A company page will allow your opportunities to stand out to LSBU students and graduates. By providing more details about your organisation, you'll be able to post jobs, events and opportunities to your company account on an ongoing basis..
3. Become a Gold Partner, granting you access to our talent pool to simplify recruitment and have your company profile highlighted to students as a recognised partner on our job portal. Organisations who offer exclusive opportunities or who deliver on-campus activities may gain ‘Gold Partner’ recognition. If you would like to discuss becoming a Gold Partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All vacancies will be vetted and approved by the Employability Team before they are made live to our students. If you have any questions about our job portal, please contact email@example.com.
- Recruiting a placement student
- Read more about placements at LSBU.
- Careers Fairs
- We run a number of industry-specific Careers Fairs throughout the year. These are the ideal time for employers as stall holders to meet a large cross section of our student body keen to network with interested employers. For details on registering your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Events are advertised in our 'What's on' section.
- Do you need a volunteer?
- LSBU's Students' Union coordinates voluntary opportunities, read more about volunteers.
If you'd like to discuss any aspect around employing LSBU's students and graduates please contact email@example.com.
Share your talents
We understand how important it is for students to benefit from real-world experiences. Having strong industry contacts play a large part in this and your involvement can make such a difference.
- If you studied at LSBU, no matter when or the subject, we encourage you to share in the mutual benefits of becoming a Student Mentor. These one-to-one partnerships help students foster a supportive network of active contacts, fulfil their potential and develop a clear vision of their future. It gives them the chance to talk, ask questions, have a sounding board and learn from the successes and failures of real life business.
As an LSBU mentor you'll never be expected to provide academic advice, personal counselling or life coaching not related to professional skills or assist with commercial activities or ventures other than objective opinions. To find out more about the scheme see full details on Mentoring page of the LSBU Alumni Association website.
28 August 2019International Conference on Renewable Energy and Vacuum Insulation for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
22 November 2019Choose Your Next Steps
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
Enabling engineers to become more entrepreneurial
23 August 2019
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
LSBU first UK university to launch fully chartered town planner apprenticeship scheme
27 June 2019
Engineering the Future: Two teams of LSBU students make it to Design Challenge National Finals
27 June 2019
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019