Initiatives at LSBU are geared towards improving the University experience for all students, staff and communities
At LSBU, we are dedicated to fostering equal opportunities, social development and personal wellbeing. We follow a range of initiatives to achieve and maintain our high standards. As a result, our community is constantly growing and improving.
Our goal is to make the University a force for positive change: for students, staff, the city of London and the world.
- Equality and diversity
- Embracing and integrating equality, diversity and inclusion is fundamental to our success and growth as an institution of higher education. We have an Equality and Diversity framework to ensure that the contribution of each member of staff and each student will be valued equally.
- Community engagement
- LSBU has played an important role in providing educational opportunities for our local South London communities. Engagement with local groups is central to our ethos as a community University.
- Widening participation
- We believe that anyone with the potential to study in higher education should be able to attend university. Widening participation aims to promote and provide the opportunity of successful participation in higher education to everyone who can benefit from it.
- Customer service
- We are focused on giving staff and students a university experience of maximum value. We are a proud member of the Institute of Customer Service.
- Health and wellbeing
- The workplace should promote good health and wellbeing, to maintain high staff morale and encourage a positive lifestyle. Our efforts to be a health workplace have earned us membership of the London Healthy Workplace Charter.
- Armed Forces Covenant
- LSBU supports the Armed Forces Community and honours the Armed Forces Covenant.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
22 September 2017Study Abroad Fair, Gothenburg
22 September 2017Mind the Gap!
23 September 2017Elab Education Festival 2017, Warsaw
23 September 2017National Art & Design Saturday Club taster session
23 September 2017Study Abroad Fair, Stockholm
26 September 2017LSBU Honorary Graduate Public Lecture Series - Stephen Perry
30 September 2017University Open Day
30 September 2017Mind the Gap!
2 October 2017Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
4 October 2017Engineering Experience Day
LSBU graduate entrepreneur nominated for international award
17 August 2017
LSBU students share their stories of Clearing
17 August 2017
LSBU in Top 4 London universities for “value added” to students
16 August 2017
LSBU Motorsport takes student-made car to Formula Student competition
7 August 2017
Team LSBU return from China with silver medal
31 July 2017
LSBU’s Graham Carr given award for teaching excellence by Health Education England
25 July 2017
LSBU leads ground-breaking research to identify and support people attending court with autism and intellectual disabilities
25 July 2017
Entrepreneurs share personal journeys at Dr Rami Ranger CBE enterprise lecture
19 July 2017
LSBU student invents a backpack that can save your life
18 July 2017