Initiatives at LSBU are geared towards improving the University experience for all students, staff and communities
At LSBU, we are dedicated to fostering equal opportunities, social development and personal wellbeing. We follow a range of initiatives to achieve and maintain our high standards. As a result, our community is constantly growing and improving.
Our goal is to make the University a force for positive change: for students, staff, the city of London and the world.
- Equality and diversity
- Embracing and integrating equality, diversity and inclusion is fundamental to our success and growth as an institution of higher education. We have an Equality and Diversity framework to ensure that the contribution of each member of staff and each student will be valued equally.
- Community engagement
- LSBU has played an important role in providing educational opportunities for our local South London communities. Engagement with local groups is central to our ethos as a community University.
- Widening participation
- We believe that anyone with the potential to study in higher education should be able to attend university. Widening participation aims to promote and provide the opportunity of successful participation in higher education to everyone who can benefit from it.
- Customer service
- We are focused on giving staff and students a university experience of maximum value. We are a proud member of the Institute of Customer Service.
- Health and wellbeing
- The workplace should promote good health and wellbeing, to maintain high staff morale and encourage a positive lifestyle. Our efforts to be a health workplace have earned us membership of the London Healthy Workplace Charter.
- Armed Forces Covenant
- LSBU supports the Armed Forces Community and honours the Armed Forces Covenant.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
24 January 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
7 March 2018Engineering Experience Day
7 March 2018Professor Matt Field: What has experimental psychology done for behavioural medicine?
8 March 2018How to Apply Evening
24 March 2018University Open Day
28 March 2018Dr Caitlin Notley: Smoking in pregnancy and postpartum relapse
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
23 June 2018University Open Day
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018
LSBU is open for business to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers
4 January 2018
Enhancing global learning on migration and refugee law
21 December 2017
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Approval from President of American Bar Association
19 December 2017
LSBU through to quarter finals of Property Law Mooting Competition
19 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017