Facts and Figures
Responding to the challenge of a rapidly changing higher education landscape
LSBU's Corporate Strategy 2015-2020 sets out how the University will achieve its vision of becoming London's top modern university by 2020.
The strategy builds on the University's strengths by focusing on our ability to enhance student success, deliver real world impact and provide genuine access to opportunity through academic activity and links to business and the professions.
Download our Annual Review (PDF File 1,329 KB).
In 2016, LSBU was named the top London modern university for graduate prospects (The Sunday Times) and the Entrepreneurial University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards).
Download the Research, Enterprise and Innovation team's Annual Review (PDF File 3,383 KB).
This Annual Review charts the successes of the Research, Enterprise and Innovation Department, as it prioritises investment into eight key research themes.
This year we have hosted dozens of visits from representatives of government, business and educational and skills organisations wanting to know more about what we are doing.
As we talk to them it is clear that much of our work is innovative and highly regarded.Professor David Phoenix, Vice-Chancellor.
London South Bank University (LSBU) considers financial sustainability, particularly in the current climate of uncertainty and change, as absolutely fundamental to delivering its mission of supporting students to achieve professional success.
As well as the efficiency programme which has saved £6m, we have also developed plans to deliver a prudent sustainable annual operating surplus, which has enabled us to manage uncertainty as we invest for the future and continue to strengthen the quality of support given to students.
Developing facilities and infrastructure
The University is constantly looking to develop and extend the benefits of its location and the features of its varied landscape. This leads us to create innovative new buildings, redevelop Grade II-listed properties and carry out a programme of changes and improvements that constantly further enhance our student offer. Read more about campus developments.
Fully complying with HEFCE requirements, below are copies of the University's annual Financial Statements, dating back to the 2009/10 academic period. The document is a review of our financial year and includes:
- Balance Sheets
- Consolidated income and expenditure account
- Independent Auditor's report
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2016 (PDF File 919 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2015 (PDF File 13,806 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2014 (PDF File 9,031 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2013 (PDF File 7,012 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2012 (PDF File 7,715 KB)
- Download - Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2011 (PDF File 20,726 KB)
- Download - Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2010 (PDF File 4,200 KB)
LSBU reimburses the travel and subsistence expenses incurred by the Vice Chancellor on LSBU business.
LSBU's Financial Regulations set out the guidelines for expenses claims.
The Vice Chancellor's expense reports will be published periodically.
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses - summary 2011 to 2014 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2013 (PDF File 191 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2013 (PDF File 188 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 2013 (PDF File 189 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2012 (PDF File 244 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2012 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2012 (PDF File 27 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2011 (PDF File 23 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2011 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2011 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2010 (PDF File 45 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2010 (PDF File 52 KB)
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
23 October 2017Black History Month Celebration
25 October 2017LSBU Honorary Graduate Public Lecture Series - Sadie Morgan
25 October 2017Drop-in session for CIPD approved courses
26 October 2017A four country comparison of emergency ambulance services – part of our research seminar programme
26 October 2017Art, housing and regeneration struggles in South London: post-Grenfell housing
30 October 2017Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
1 November 2017Extended Project Support
1 November 2017LSBU Honorary Graduate Public Lecture Series - Rachel Gadsden
2 November 2017How does Generation Theory transfer across Cultural Contexts? – part of our research seminar programme
6 November 2017Graduation Ceremony - School of Engineering; School of The Built Environment and Architecture
CIMA grants LSBU students an exemption to fast-track their accountancy qualifications
20 October 2017
LSBU and BUE celebrate academic partnership
13 October 2017
LSBU Psychology Professor appointed Editor-in-Chief of World Leading Addictions Journal
9 October 2017
New York Theatre Workshop works with LSBU for UK premiere of Mind the Gap
28 September 2017
Tenants and graduate entrepreneurs head to Toronto to run their businesses
26 September 2017
University of the Year for Graduate Employment
22 September 2017
LSBU study highlights 'fake' nursing job titles concern
19 September 2017
Care concerns raised by prostate cancer specialist nurses are overlooked by multi-disciplinary teams
19 September 2017
LSBU named as first test site for London air pollution study
19 September 2017