Facts and Figures
Responding to the challenge of a rapidly changing higher education landscape
LSBU's Corporate Strategy 2015-2020 sets out how the University will achieve its vision of becoming London's top modern university by 2020.
The strategy builds on the University's strengths by focusing on our ability to enhance student success, deliver real world impact and provide genuine access to opportunity through academic activity and links to business and the professions.
Download our Annual Review (PDF File 1,329 KB).
In 2016, LSBU was named the top London modern university for graduate prospects (The Sunday Times) and the Entrepreneurial University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards).
Download the Research, Enterprise and Innovation team's Annual Review (PDF File 3,383 KB).
This Annual Review charts the successes of the Research, Enterprise and Innovation Department, as it prioritises investment into eight key research themes.
This year we have hosted dozens of visits from representatives of government, business and educational and skills organisations wanting to know more about what we are doing.
As we talk to them it is clear that much of our work is innovative and highly regarded.Professor David Phoenix, Vice-Chancellor.
London South Bank University (LSBU) considers financial sustainability, particularly in the current climate of uncertainty and change, as absolutely fundamental to delivering its mission of supporting students to achieve professional success.
As well as the efficiency programme which has saved £6m, we have also developed plans to deliver a prudent sustainable annual operating surplus, which has enabled us to manage uncertainty as we invest for the future and continue to strengthen the quality of support given to students.
Developing facilities and infrastructure
The University is constantly looking to develop and extend the benefits of its location and the features of its varied landscape. This leads us to create innovative new buildings, redevelop Grade II-listed properties and carry out a programme of changes and improvements that constantly further enhance our student offer. Read more about campus developments.
Fully complying with HEFCE requirements, below are copies of the University's annual Financial Statements, dating back to the 2009/10 academic period. The document is a review of our financial year and includes:
- Balance Sheets
- Consolidated income and expenditure account
- Independent Auditor's report
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2016 (PDF File 919 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2015 (PDF File 13,806 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2014 (PDF File 9,031 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2013 (PDF File 7,012 KB)
- Download Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2012 (PDF File 7,715 KB)
- Download - Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2011 (PDF File 20,726 KB)
- Download - Report and accounts for the year end 31 July 2010 (PDF File 4,200 KB)
LSBU reimburses the travel and subsistence expenses incurred by the Vice Chancellor on LSBU business.
LSBU's Financial Regulations set out the guidelines for expenses claims.
The Vice Chancellor's expense reports will be published periodically.
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses - summary 2011 to 2014 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2013 (PDF File 191 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2013 (PDF File 188 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 2013 (PDF File 189 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2012 (PDF File 244 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2012 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2012 (PDF File 27 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q4 2011 (PDF File 23 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2011 (PDF File 25 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2011 (PDF File 21 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q3 2010 (PDF File 45 KB)
- Download Vice Chancellor's expenses Q1 & Q2 2010 (PDF File 52 KB)
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
30 August 2017Clearing Drop-In Advice Session
1 September 2017Step Forward
4 September 2017St George's Quarter - Public Exhibition
6 September 2017Clearing Drop-In Advice Session
8 September 2017Be Prepared Day
9 September 2017St George's Quarter - Public Exhibition
14 September 2017St George's Quarter - Public Exhibition
22 September 2017Mind the Gap!
23 September 2017Elab Education Festival 2017, Warsaw
26 September 2017LSBU Honorary Graduate Public Lecture Series - Stephen Perry
LSBU graduate entrepreneur nominated for international award
17 August 2017
LSBU students share their stories of Clearing
17 August 2017
LSBU in Top 4 London universities for “value added” to students
16 August 2017
LSBU Motorsport takes student-made car to Formula Student competition
7 August 2017
Team LSBU return from China with silver medal
31 July 2017
LSBU’s Graham Carr given award for teaching excellence by Health Education England
25 July 2017
LSBU leads ground-breaking research to identify and support people attending court with autism and intellectual disabilities
25 July 2017
Entrepreneurs share personal journeys at Dr Rami Ranger CBE enterprise lecture
19 July 2017
LSBU student invents a backpack that can save your life
18 July 2017